Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2003/01/04

Toastmasters Officer Training

Today I attended Winter Leadership Institute, which is required of all officers of Toastmasters Clubs. I am a member of three Toastmasters clubs and I am an officer in each. So I went today to a building in the shape of a pentakis dodecahedron, with a pentagonal sanctuary. I learned how to be President of a club. One of the more interesting things they did this time was ask everyone for a motivational quote to put on a card; these cards would be drawn for raffle prizes. I was asked twice to do this, and here are the quotes I came up with:

Toastmasters is a Fire
Like a fire, a Toastmasters club requires the fuel of members, the air of a good educational program, and the heat of enthusiasm.

Just Add One
Just add one new member
Just add one new CTM (Competent Toastmaster)
Just add one new Speechcraft (introductory course to Toastmasters)
Just add one new DTM (Distinguished Toastmaster)
Above all, just add one new FRIEND.
There is never an end to Toastmasters.

We concluded with a lunch in which I met people I had not seen in a while.

No comments: