Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2003/03/19

It finally begins

Tonight I heard that an attack had begun on Iraq; and that further, an attempt was made to hit the high leadership. As I expected, news of this event has swamped all of the stations, even to the extent of trumping sports events; usually the news on the weekend get sportsed out. The headline on the CNN site was the largest I have ever seen, and I expect the headline in tomorrow's paper to fill the front page. These all mean that the start of this war is a Memorable Event, only six of which have occurred in my lifetime, with the other five being the Cuban Missile Crisis, the assassination of President Kennedy, the manned landing on the Moon, the start of Persian Gulf War I, and Planeattack. Let us hope this war ends quickly with only a few civilian and military casualties and with new hope for the people of Iraq.

No comments: