Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2004/02/03

The Super Breast Exposure

The Super Bowl was held. Strict security may have deterred anyone from thinking about a terrorist attack. The Patriots won 32-29. But that was not the big thing that happened there. The action was at the halftime show, wherein Justin Timberlake in an act removed part of Janet Jackson's dress, exposing her right breast. People have gone gaga about this event. The media have hammered on it over and over again to the point where that two minutes of act may be the most replayed two minutes in history. And why?

Because a breast was exposed, that's why. People are objecting all over the place that this should not be shown to children on prime-time TV, let alone the Super Bowl. The FCC is investigating and could penalize MTV and CBS. Both networks apologized, as did Janet Jackson who said it was unintentional. People call the incident names, calling it such names as inappropriate, lewd, and classless, and using the verb be in doing so.

I don't think it was. She said it was unintentional, so therefore it was. It is just as with politicians earlier, which led me to develop false syllogisms, where you start by assuming the hypotheses are false. But what was she after with the exposure? The Greenback, that's what. I think she is going to get a heap of money out of this act, because of all the attention applied to it.

All because we have a fixation on the female breast. We want women to hide their breasts from others in public, even though many cultures do not have this fixation and think as much of a woman going topless as a man going shirtless. It even goes so far as laws are needed to protect women who want to nurse their babies in a public area. So I don't think Janet's breast exposure was immoral, classless, or anything like that. It was just ordinary, and I think people should stop castigating it. However, for the same reason, I don't think Janet should get one red cent out of exposing her breast. I expose mine when I run shirtless in the summer when it's hot. I wish I would get a hundred bucks every time I do that. Stop dwelling on breasts and get a life, please.

No comments: