Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2004/03/07

What's going on tonight, anyway?

It seems like half the Internet is malfunctioning tonight. These things have happened tonight:

1. My workplace says that it can't log me onto my account.
2. Only partly to mostly cloudy were called for in the official weather forecast for Virginia, and instead thunderstorms with high winds occurred.
3. When these thunderstorms occurred, WTVR's site as of the evening of 2004 March 7 displayed a radar from 2004 March 6 1745; since it was perfect weather then, with a beautiful sunset, naturally, nothing was on the radar.
4. Blogger, to which I post my blogs, has a weird new interface which won't let me see my old blogs.
5. CNN had a story on the Republican National Committee warning TV stations not to air ads from moveon.org, so when I searched for them, it said it could not do it right now.I had to go to news.google.com to search for it elsewhere.
6. Accessing Weather Underground causes a vicious popup firm to change your home page, and worse yet, threatens to open up all your CD drives.
7. Intellicast refuses to show radar.

Is there a virus out there? Have some hubs been hit? What's going on here?

No comments: