Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2005/06/19

Improv

One of the workshops I am taking this year at SUUSI is "Day at the Improv", a five-day workshop on something called Improv. It had a change of leader, and now a popular and respected musician is giving the workshop. But I am wondering, just what is Improv?

I looked at one site, and found that some exercises for it are games of various sorts. For example, one person shows an object and another says what it is not. Then that person picks up another object and so forth. I found a book at the Chesterfield library on "Improvisation" and I briefly glanced at some of the scenarios in it. What I get from it is that you need to make the characters authentic and believable. For example, someone concerned about a house foreclosure who sniggers would not be portraying the character authentically.

I enrolled in the workshop because I am always looking for something new at SUUSI. This one should be interesting.

By the way, I now have seven blogs, one for each day of the week. Blogtrek is my Saturday blog, so I normally will be posting on Saturday, but I may post at other times if something comes up that I want to post. This blog will usually contain items other than religion, astronomy, peak oil and running out of resources, nature and birding, mathematics, weather or opinions that I have, for those are covered by my other blogs.

No comments: