Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2007/01/29

New Blogger

When I tried to reject a spammy comment to Beyond Opinion today, Blogger threw up this thing about the new Blogger. It is supposed to give me all these new features. OK, Blogger. What is it going to take away from me and what is it going to mess up on me? Huh? You don't explain. You don't say whether you are going to take my blogs and duplicate them on my web site, because if you do that you will mess up my website completely because you will exceed my size limit on my personal website. You say that you will let me use the old Blogger for a while. But then the next time I access your site I can't find anywhere where to get to the old blog that I had. You indicate old and new, but when I click on old, you throw up a site that says I need to upgrade to new. OK. You forced me to convert to your new system. If you mess up my website or my blogs, I will no longer use Blogger.

It converted them but it did not seem to do much. My megabyte usage on Mindspring is still the same. I have this new interface to begin with, but much of it seems like old. That is why I am writing this message. I want to see what happens when I post to the new Blogger. I hope this works out OK. And I hope this ends the spate of spam comments that I have been getting regularly. You won't see them on my blog. I moderate them and have rejected them all.

Oh, yes. One thing I see already that I don't see in the old blog. I get pink messages saying I can't connect to Blogger. I get them only a fraction of a second at a time, almost subliminally. So it looks like the new Blogger is not off to a good start. Here goes.

No comments: