Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2002/05/30

Contradictions

Today I went to my last class of Front Page. I told the class, populated with people I work with, about some of the problems with Front Page, namely that if you make non-Front Page edits to your web pages and then run Front Page again, it will mess up those pages. They thought that Front Page was a good package, however. My church is revising its web page, and they feel the problems of Front Page are too great and so they are going to use ASP and Dreamweaver. So I am a part of two web pages who contradict each other on the worth of Front Page. I will want to stick with them both and learn both Front Page and Dreamweaver, so I can use the best of both. But contradictions do annoy me. Logically they imply anything. That is, if Austin is in Texas, then if Austin is not in Texas, then Mickey Mouse is God. P -> (~P -> Q) is how it is written in logical notation. What they really mean is that at least one of the contradicting statements is false. I have to decide which.

I designed a wallpaper today for the month of June. What color should June be? February is red, December is red and green, March is green, January is white and so forth. That leaves cyan for June. This did not look like a likely color for the month. But I put together something based on cyan, and the result is quite attractive to me. The shades of blue-green that it has reminds me of a swimming pool, and of course in June is when the pools are first open for the entire month. I came up with this scheme:

White January snow
Red February valentine heart
Green March St Patrick's day shamrock
Purple April flowers
Yellow May sun
Cyan June swimming pool
Red White Blue July US Flag
Orange Red August heat
Blue September blue skies
Orange Black October halloween pumpkin and night
Brown November leaves and dying vegetation
Red and Green December holly and poinsettia

There are six primary and secondary colors and six tertiary colors for a total of 12, the same as the number of months. What if each month had to have a different one of these twelve colors? I came up with this:

Red February
Red-Orange August
Orange October
Amber November
Yellow May
Chartreuse September
Green March
Turquoise or Cyan June
Blue July
Indigo December
Purple April
Magenta January

where now I have indexed it by color rather than by month. So June is turquoise, just as above. So remember these when you design something for a given month.

No comments: