Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2002/12/17

Some amusing slogans

The more I see of men the more I admire dogs.
-Mme De Sevigne, 1626-1696

My reply: It takes one to know one.

If we men married the women we deserved, we should have a very bad time of it.
-Oscar Wilde

My reply: How would Oscar know? He was gay.

THE FLY

God in his wisdom made the fly
And then forgot to tell us why.
-Ogden Nash

My reply: God is omnipotent. God created all that exists. Flies are evil. God is good. Flies exist. Therefore, God does not exist.

THE PANTHER

The panther is like a leopard,
Except it hasn't been peppered.
Should you behold a panther crouch,
Prepare to say Ouch.
Better yet, if called by a panther,
Don't anther.
-Ogden Nash

My reply: How many times in our lives are we confronted by panthers? 1960s draft dodgers were called by the Draft Panther. They didn't anther. A panther calls us up to try to sell some panther oil to us. If we succumb to his appeal, prepare to say monetary ouch. It's better not to anther. One of the biggest tasks of life is to avoid being ouched by panthers. Know when not to anther.


No comments: