Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2007/07/18

SUUSI Day 3; Next Year at Radford

SUUSI 2008 will be at Radford University next year. That was announced in a town hall meeting on Tuesday afternoon. It will be 2008 July 20-26, and the theme is “Pilgrimage”.

SUUSI 2007 is doing great. The dancing at Serendipity is good. My workshops turned out well, including Stories of the Sky, which created some new constellations, including a radio telescope in the sky. I found out about the Biological Test Station near Mountain Lake, and about a local cohousing community. Today in a workshop entitled “Integral sexuality”, we learned about how masculine and feminine attributes affect our lives. I think this is stereotyped, but it does explain some things.

In SUUSIBoyz, we sing a song about the earth turning round and round, as well as one about a homesick World War I soldier.

The best performer so far at Cabaret is the combination of Wishing Chair and Amy Carol Webb. Wish they would do an album together. I took a video of Serendipity doing a Latin tune. I especially like the human motion to an alluring Latin beat.

No comments: