Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2007/07/20

SUUSI Day 5

SUUSI got dramatic. Yesterday after eating at the dining hall, I talked with some friends from my congregation and got my picture taken with some others in front of Detrick, the dining hall. While this was happening, ominous clouds, thunder and lightning appeared. What were the SUUSI gods trying to say? That the SUUSIBoyz were the best all male singing group ever? That SUUSI was nearly over? That SUUSI at Virginia Tech would not be back for a good long while?

In the Ken Wilber class, I found out about levels higher than Turquoise in the Beck-Cowan system. They go Indigo, Violet, Ultraviolet, and Clear Light. I am not sure if I like that type of notation. For one thing it does not alternate warm with cool, individual with collective. I prefer to go Coral, Indigo, Magenta, and Chartreuse. In any case, these levels imply contact with such entities as God and the Great Void. Someone in the class says these are all mental patterns, circuitry in the brain. Indeed, we all know who Donald Duck is, although there is no such actual animal. But it is still brain circuitry. Yes, there is something beyond our experience, but it is beyond our experience. We have no access to it anywhere. Interesting anyway.

My Polyhedra class built the PHiZZ models of Thomas Hull. Two of them made the models, and the class got a good reception.

No comments: