Blogtrek

Blogtrek

2003/12/08

Computer Call from State Congressman

This evening, at 2003 December 8 7:28 pm, I received a call from a computer saying that he was my State Delegate taking a survey of the people in my district. He has thereby used the same tactics that spammers and telemarketers use. To me, when a political candidate resorts to computer calls for any purpose, he degrades his candidacy, and when an elected official does the same, he earns my disrespect for him. If he or his staff wants to talk to me, then he should call me in person, not by computer. Contacting by computer shows he does not care about me. This is even more so since the telephone number he called from was from the 703 area code; his district is in the 757 and 804 area codes

It is possible the call did not come from his office. If that's the case, then there is someone out there stealing his identity and impersonating him, and that someone needs to be stopped.

I have emailed him about this matter, and have emailed his Democratic opponents as well. I hope that he discontinues the practice of trying to phone me by computer without talking to me by person.

No comments: